Thursday, March 6, 2008

Look what you've done

I just got back from a high school retreat with my school and we sang this song by tree 63 and that was the first time that I have ever heard it and it got stuck in my head! But this song didn't only stay stuck in my head that whole night but the next day to... It was stuck in my head the whole 2 days! It was intense! Now I don't know if you know this but I CANT STAND when songs are in my head! It drives me insane!! Like the inspector gadget theme song gets stuck in my head all the time like right now it is in my head just because I am talking about it... but anyways... This song... when I finally just sat down and sang the words and was listening to what I was saying I totally thought about the lyrics... here they are...

Look what you've done for me
Your blood has set me free
Jesus my Lord look what you've done for me
I haven't been the same
Ever since that day I called your name
Yahweh Yahweh look what you've done for me
What can I do for you my Lord?
I want you to know my heart is yours

It's not a question of what you can do for me

But what can I do for you my Lord?

Up to your cross I crawl
Now I am standing ten feet tall
Jesus my savior look what you've done for me
Free at last I'm free
I owe you my life completely
Yahweh Yahweh look what you've done for me

Aren't those lyrics amazing! Its called "Look what you've done" by Tree 63 (I encourage you guys to download it). Look at the chorus... "What can I do for you my Lord, I want you to know my heart is yours". Just that right there is incredible! You telling God that you are His and will do whatever He wants! And.. "Its not a question of what you can do for me, but what can I do for you my Lord?" I have challenged myself to ask God what I can do for Him... not ask him for things He can "do for me" but what I can do for Him. Its really amazing when you think about those lyrics!! Man I love this song! "Free at last I'm free I owe you my life completely" Look what God has done for you!

2 comments:

Anna :) said...

yayyyyy retreat!!!

that song is amazinggg and has been stuck in my head too!

i loved singing it in the bus with you!

those lyrics are definitely challenging and encourage me to ask God what I can do for Him!

greatt blogg!
i love youu:)

Haley Litz said...

That was so good! I love that song now! Great blog! I am going to challenge myself to that too; what can I do for the Lord, not what can He do for me. Great job home skillet biscuit :) I am going to download that song right now!